Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. The idea of a full day dedicated to celebrating love and hearts is a dream day in my mind. I've created a simple DIY on how to create your own special Valentine's Day cards & hearts for all those special people in your life! I got together with some of my girlfriends the other day and had the best time crafting up a storm!
What you will need is a pencil, fun bright paper, watercolor paper, watercolor paints, glue gun, gems, pompom trim, lace trim, scissors, mounting tape and bright thread.
1. Choose a color palette that you want to work with. (I chose pink, turquoise, lime green and peach... oh and gold of course!) The day before you actually make the Valentine's Day hearts you might want to paint some simple patterns on water color paper and then let them dry over night. Watercolors dry fairly fast, so you can always do it the same day too.
2. Print off a heart template that you like and trace it on to the back of the watercolor paper you've painted or other bright paper you've bought. (Here are a few hearts that might work for you CLICK HERE)
3. After cutting out the hearts you want to use choose a trim for each heart. Cut the trim the same length as the perimeter of the heart. Put hot pink thread into your sewing machine and sew the trim around the edges of the paper hearts. If sewing isn't your thing, no problem! You can also use a glue gun to glue the trim on.
4. Add dimension to your heart by cutting the same shape of heart out but in smaller sizes. Attach the smaller hearts to the large one using mounting tape. To give more of a 3D look apply two pieces of mounting tape on top of each other so the heart really pops out.
5. Add any extra jewels or sparkles and voila!.. You have yourself some unique Valentine's to give to your besties!
Have fun XOXO